Monday, June 21, 2010

Book reviews

As an author, you can only hope that people will enjoy what you write and, as a result, want to read more of your books! When I first self-published Quizzical back in 2006, that was all I wanted. I hoped that somewhere out there, someone would read Quizzical, and enjoy it, and perhaps then mention it to someone else so that they'd then read it, and so the cycle would begin.

Writing for me is such a wonderful creative challenge. It is what makes me the person I am. If I am unable to write, or do something that is connected to what I'm writing, I don't feel content in my life. I have three beautiful sons, and a wonderfully supportive husband, and I love them all more than words can say, but writing is something I do for me. I need that avenue to be able to express myself creatively.

I can't describe the feeling you get as an author, when someone comes up and says how much they've enjoyed your books. There are so many books on the market these days, we are spoiled for choice. Sometimes there are good books out there that we may not even hear of. That's where a good marketing campaign helps, to push those books and keep them 'out there' in peoples' memories, and get them noticed. Book reviews are invaluable in that regard, too.

I've been very fortunate with the upcoming release of both Puzzle Palace, and Alby and the Cat:Showbusiness, to have had some really positive reviews. I have been humbled by the interest that's been shown in both books, and the willingness of people to embrace them.

One of those people is Danielle Zapavigna, who runs The Book Nerd Club blog site. I emailed her in the hope she may want to read my books and then review them. She could have said 'No'. But she didn't. She was happy to do both. For opportunities like this, I am so grateful. You can read Danielle's review of Puzzle Palace at: http://thebooknerdclub.blogspot.com/2010/06/puzzle-palace-by-leanne-davidson.html and her Alby and the Cat: Showbusiness review at: http://thebooknerdclub.blogspot.com/2010/06/alby-and-cat-alby-and-cat-showbusiness.html

There is also a review of Alby and the Cat: Showbusiness in the July/August edition of Get Ahead Kids Magazine. Just go to: www.getaheadkids.com.au, press the CLICK HERE to receive a copy of the free magazine online and head to page 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment